Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Why Italy and Greece?

This all began when Allie started talking about graduating and getting a job and taking a senior trip.  She invited me to go along.  I felt really honored.  I said, "Absolutely. You are doing this with your Mom as well, correct?"  She was. 

And so they did.  Allie and Carolyn hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and back out (that's the mandatory part), went to Vegas and rode horses in the Arizona Mojave Desert.  They had a wonderful mother daughter time together. 

As Allie and I considered where we wanted to go, I pulled out my bucket list:  London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Athens, Jerusalem, Honolulu, Rio and Machu Picchu.  She had some places of her own, and many of her favorites overlapped with mine.  We expanded our research.  We started to interview others about their personal favorites.  We surfed the net.  We looked at travel books.  Many, many fun places came to our attention.   

After extended deliberations we eventually decided on Italy and Greece.  I got the time off approved.  We found a cheap flight to Milan and booked it.  We were committed - without really knowing what we would do once we got there.

We have a better idea now.  I am so looking forward to our time together...  

No comments:

Post a Comment